A virtual tour of a cultural site will:
- Provide viewers from around the world with unprecedented and transformative access the site, which they may otherwise never see;
- Generate widespread interest in viewing online and visiting in-person;
- Record and preserve the site’s landmark structure in a digital format for long-term offline storage;
- Use cutting-edge technology to provide a high-resolution, zoomable presentation that is both visually stunning and easily navigable;
- Provide a sense of context, scale, and size that 2D images cannot provide;
- Allow for engaging exploration of all spaces and angles that passive video viewing cannot provide;
- Foster interactive learning through embedded educational content;
- Showcase the site's highlights through embedded 3D models, digitized rare books, audio narration, written explanations, videos, etc.;
- Open an avenue for remote research of the site and its collections;
- Appeal to a young age demographic, especially if uploaded to social media.
VADIS VR works with academic departments and with individual professors. We create virtual reality tours of historic, cultural, and artistic sites at home and abroad that are tailored to your:
- Curriculum - We enhance your students' learning experience by providing interactive exploration and the next best thing to actually being there! Your students take a virtual walk through a 3D space. They stop, click & explore points of interest linked with educational content. This content includes text, links to scholarly articles, zoomable images, 3D models, videos, music, and binaural audio (to hear the acoustics of the space). VADIS VR will work with you to create and embed content that is tailored to your curriculum. Tours can be viewed with a projector, laptop, smartphone, or virtual reality headset. Provide your students with a sense of context, scale, and size that 2D images and slides cannot provide; allow for engaging exploration of all spaces and angles that passive video viewing cannot provide; and foster an interactive, memorable, and transformative learning experience.
- Academic Research - We transform your ability to research remote sites by creating virtual tours embedded with 3D models and zoomable images and tailored to your needs.
VADIS VR gives your educational institution the option to store these tours in an online pedagogical resource repository accessible only to you and your students.
VADIS VR can create:
- A virtual reality tour of your museum (either the entire permanent collection or a teaser tour of certain sections) posted on your website, social media, etc. This tour will enable unprecedented worldwide access to the building and its collections. If desired, the tour will include interactive points of interest that explain the space and the objects it houses. These tour tags can include audio narration, videos, 3D models, digitized books, textual explanations, music, links to scholarly articles, etc. VADIS VR will provide files of the tour for long-term offline storage: OBJ file of the 3D mesh (.obj), reflected ceiling plan image (.jpg and .pdf), high-resolution floor plan image (.jpg and .pdf), and a short and long introduction video (13 and 9 seconds, respectively, .mp4). Tours can also be stored and viewed offline on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch).
- Virtual reality tours of temporary exhibitions: Allow viewers from across the globe to experience your temporary exhibitions by providing them with an online virtual walk-through. Add this tour to your website and/or social media in order to document, preserve, and share the exhibit and the curatorial placement/organization of the featured art & artifacts.
- Virtual reality tours of sites related to the permanent or temporary exhibitions: If there is an historic or cultural site (i.e. monument, author or artist’s historic home, ritual space, etc.) related to the art & artifacts on exhibit, VADIS VR can enhance the exhibit by creating a virtual tour of that site. Display the tour online and on-site as part of the exhibition.
- Photogrammetry of sculptures and other 3D objects in your collections: VADIS VR can digitize any and all 3D objects in your collection. These 3D digital models can be examined from all angles and viewed in high-resolution zoom. They can be saved offline for long-term storage and posted on your website as part of your digital collections. Unlike photographs, 3D models preserve detailed information about the object's texture, dimension, and measurements from all angles.
- Add virtual reality headsets to on-site exhibitions: Display virtual tours via VR headsets set up in your exhibition. VADIS VR will provide the necessary technology, set up the on-site display, and provide technical assistance. Multiple headsets can be included.
- Add an on-site augmented reality tour: Visitors hover their smartphone or iPad camera over objects within your site. They see interactive, educational tour tags pop up. These tags explain what they're looking at. VADIS VR will set up this augmented reality tour for you.
For Religious Institutions
Do you wish to expand the breadth of people exposed to your church's artistic & architectural heritage? Do you hope to enrich the depth of religious experience among those in your congregation? Allow VADIS VR to bring the sacred sites of your tradition, at home and abroad, to anyone with an internet connection. Amy Giuliano, founder of VADIS VR, worked for years as an art historical guide in Italy and most recently earned a degree in Religious Studies & Art History from Yale University. VADIS VR will combine a stunning and immersive visual tour of the sacred space of your choice with Amy's embedded content. She will explain the theological meaning and art historical significance behind the iconography and architecture of the site. Utilize the latest technology to expose the world to your tradition's beauty, and explain its rich meaning through art.
For Historic Sites
Enhance your website, social media, and online presence by making your cultural site digitally accessible to anyone with an internet connection via an online virtual reality tour. VADIS VR will embed interactive educational content into this tour if desired.
You also have the option of using the educational content that we embed into your online tour in an on-site augmented reality tour. On-site visitors hover their smartphone or iPad camera over objects within your site. They see interactive, educational tour tags pop up. These tags explain what they're looking at. VADIS VR will set up this augmented reality tour for you.